Thursday, October 21, 2010

Papercraft Star - Challenge 18

Beth over at Papercraft Star has left me a couple messages now saying I should join in their fun weekly challenges.  So I decided this was going to be the week.  I wanted to start last week, but didn't get my card finished in time.  This week's challenge was simple... make a thank you themed project using dry embossing, a Cricut cut, metal, and anything else you want.

When we got home today, our house was only 62 degrees!  We've been trying to avoid turning the heat on, but after freezing last night despite the three blankets and flannel sheets on our bed, we gave in.  I may have to give up scrap shopping for the winter in order to pay the gas bill, but at least my fingers will be warm enough to craft.  LoL.

In an effort to hold on to the fading memories of summer, I turned to my A Day At The Beach paper pack from The Paper Studio for this week's challenge.  It may be freezing outside, but this paper just called to me and I couldn't say no.  If I wasn't already a self-proclaimed paper addict, I might worry that my paper talks to me, but really... I'm perfectly okay with it.  :-)

Anyways, it's getting late and I'm rambling... so on with the card!


JD'S SCRAP-IPE:
♥ Patterned paper from The Paper Studio - A Day At The Beach
♥ Card base - Crushed Curry cardstock from Stampin' Up!
♥ Flower - Melon Mambo cardstock from Stampin' Up! and Green from Recollections - Spice Market
     ~ Cut from Accent Essentials at 1", 1.5", and 2"
     ~ Melon Mambo layers embossed with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
     ~ Green layer embossed with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl
     ~ Brad from The Paper Studio - Pewter Flowers
♥ Thank You ribbon from American Crafts Premier Ribbon (I just love their dollar ribbons!)

Until next time, Cricuteers!
~ JD ~

P.S. Please head over to Papercraft Star and vote for me beginning Saturday at 12 noon.

8 comments:

~* steph :) *~

cute card :)! love the dry embossed flowers. thanks for playing along with us at Papercraft Star this week! *hugs* steph :)

Carol L

Very nice! I like the pattern paper and the embossed flower :0).

Hugs,
Carol L.

Liz

I am so glad you have joined in this week's challenge at Papercraft Star. Your card is beautiful and the flower the perfect finishing touch. I look forward to seeing more of your awesome projects.

Unknown

I just love the patterned paper you used and the embossed flower totally rocks! This is a fabulous card... makes me miss summer... sniff, sniff! :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

Celeste B.

What a cute card! I really like the paper! The ribbon is super cute too! TFS! :)

Besthobbyeva

Great card. I love the PP, and the ribbon and flower. Nice and simple, but it looks great!!

Tracy

Cute, Cute! I love how your flower shape matches your great DP. So glad you decided to come play with us this week at Papercraft Star!

Valerie

What a darling card!!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!