Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Get Well Poster

My hubby's grandpa is still recovering in a rehab facility after his surgery last week.  We've been trying to go every day to visit him... even for just a few minutes.  When we moved him into the facility on Thursday, I noticed the walls were pretty bare and very boring to look at.  So while my hubby played poker on Saturday night, I played with my Cricut and created this poster for his grandpa.  On Sunday, I added various family pictures to the rectangle mats.  The poster is now hanging in Grandpa's room and we've asked each family to sign one of the hearts during their visits.


JD'S SCRAP-IPE:
♥ One sheet poster board (my DH picked the red)
♥ Solid color paper from Recollections
♥ Get Well Soon cut from Beyond Birthdays (fit to 8.5" x 11" page - 6.75" cut, I  believe)
♥ 8 rectangle mats cut at 4.25" x 6.25"
♥ 10 Hearts plus Shadows cut from George and Basic Shapes and embellished with matching hand-drawn stitching
♥ We and You cut from Cuttin' Up and yellow heart cut from George and Basic Shapes

Until next time, Cricuteers!
~ JD ~



3 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections

This is such a nice project! I'm sure he will just love it!

Dorcas

AAWWWEE! Now this is so sweet! Nice a bright and cheery! I am sure he will love it!

Besthobbyeva

What a fantastic idea! I really love this. I am going to keep this one in mind, it really a good one! So thoughtful!

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!