Monday, November 14, 2011

Irrelephant Thank You

My family has a long standing obsession of sorts with elephants.  My great-grandparents owned, operated, and lived above a bar called the White Elephant Tavern in Wisconsin.  In the front window of the tavern, they kept 3"-4" tall statue of a white elephant.  The tavern has since been sold, but our family obsession with elephants lives on.  So when my godmother saw an adorable infant sleeper covered in an elephant pattern, she just had to buy it and send it to me for my son.  The colors on this thank-you card (which I will be sending her this week) were inspired by the colors on the sleeper.

Front

Inside

JD'S SCRAP-IPE
♥ Solid cardstock from my stash ~ Stampin' Up!, Recollections, Paper Studio
♥ Patterned paper ~ DCWV Animal Crackers Matstack
♥ Elephant cut @ 2.5" ~ Create A Critter
♥ Swiss Dots embossing folder ~ Cuttlebug
♥ Crystal Stickles
♥ Sentiment ~ made on my computer
♥ Buttons ~ Favorite Findings
♥ Bakers' Twine ~ Martha Stewart Crafts
♥ Chocolate Chip classic stamp pad ~ Stampin' Up!
♥ Pumpkin Pie marker ~ Stampin' Up

CHALLENGES
Paper Playtime ~ Challenge #60: Cricut Creations Thank You Projects
the cuttlebug spot ~ Anything Goes
More Than Favors ~ Wacky Wednesday #58: Buttons, Bling or Brads
Bitten By The Bug 2 ~ Boy / Masculine Project
My Creative Time ~ Throwback Thursday: Kid Friendly Project
Die Cuttin' Divas ~ Challenge #40: Let's Be Thankful

Until next time, Cricuteers!
~ JD ~

10 comments:

Karen Pinsonat

precious card, I love the sentiment! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2!

Kerry

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

Cassandra

Too cute...funny sentiment! Thanks for joining us in the MCT ~ Throwback Thursday Challenge :)

Cassandra

Besthobbyeva

Hello!! I hope you are well! I love, love your card. The elephant is adorable and those ears, great job embossing! Your aunt is sure to love it!

Laurie
serenityscrappers

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections

This is so sweet! Great colors! I too am a collector of elephants!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

TyTynNiyasmom

This is adorable! I am a new follower

Candace
mypassion4scrappin.blogspot.com

Jeanne

What a super cute thank you card! The sentiment is perfect! Great job and thank you for joining us in the MCT Throwback Thursday challenge!

Simply Pam

This is a great thank you card. Love the elephant and the story behind it. :) Thanks for participating in the Paper Playtime challenge!

Pam
Simply-Pam.blogspot.com
Paperplaytime.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger

OMG, how CUTE! LOVE your story and the fabulous sentiment. Thanks for joining the contest at BBTB2 and best of luck! xxD

Docerela

Adorable Card!

Catarina aka docerela

Post a Comment

I ♥ Comments!